Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Where are they now: Linsey Howell

Linsey Howell

Tell us a little about yourself, both personal and professional, and your past/current OCLA involvement
I am a graduate of The Ohio State University witha degree in Agribusiness & applied Economics. I began showing sheep at age 3 at the Ohio State Fair Ladies lead competition where I was the cutest Buckeye Cheerleader you have ever seen. I grew up with OCLA being apart of my family & now my little brother Justin is getting to experience the organization that helped shape my life. I currently reside in Piqua, OH with my golden retriever Miley.





What is your official title?
I am an Account Representative for The Andersons-Marathon Ethanol in Greenville, OH.

What does your career entail?
Simply put, I am a grain buyer. I work at an end user ethanol facility that takes corn and produces ethanol, corn oil, DDG's & CO2. We use 40 mil bushels every year and I maintain the relationships with producers in the area to keep corn rolling into our facility.

 
What do you enjoy most about your job?
I love getting to work with producers everyday. Farmers have the most interesting stories & you never know what is going to happen from one day to the next when dealing with commodities.
 
How did you land your first job?
I did internships throughout my college career. I did one with Farm Credit Services of Mid-America & also with Cargill in Commodity Merchandising. Between real life experiences & being very involved throughout my college career, it certainly helped open doors for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment