Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Senior Spotlight: Macie Ott

Macie Ott

 
Name/High School/County you show in/How long have you been showing? 
My name is Macie Ott. I graduated from Norwalk High School in 2013. I have shown lambs for    about 6 years. 

Tell us a little about yourself and your involvement in OCLA 
I am a cheerleader at UNOH. I like to spend quality time with my family and friends. I also show cattle across the country and exhibit hogs at my county fair. Although I have only been involved in OCLA for 2 years I have been able to experience the amount of friends and relationships that are able to be made through the organization.

Tell us about your plans for your future (college, employment, dreams, goals, etc.)   
I am currently attending the University Of Northwestern Ohio to obtain an associate degree in Medical Assisting. After I graduate in 2015 I hope to go back to school to become a Surgical Technician. 

Who has been your biggest influence in your showing experience?
My biggest influence in my showing career is my older sister Caleigh. Although she has had her tough time she never fails to push through them. Other influences in showing career are my parents and my little sister Lauren for always helping both in and out of the show ring. 

What is your best OCLA memory?
Although I don't have many OCLA memories, I will always remember the shows I attended and the friends that were made throughout my showing career. 


What advice would you give to younger members just starting their show career?
If I had to give any advice to younger members who are just starting their show career I would say to rely on your family. No matter what they will always be there to guide you and give you advice...even if it isn't about showing! 

What advice would you give to the youth who are struggling with continuing to be involved in OCLA to the 18-year-old age group?
To the youth who are struggling to stay involved in the OCLA, everything will work out. Everything happens for a reason...even if it isn't what you think should happen! 


How has OCLA influenced you and your life?
OCLA has influenced my life by blessing me with amazing friends, unforgettable memories, and opportunities that make me grateful that I have been part of the OCLA community!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Macie, this show season with all your livestock!

    ReplyDelete