Friday, September 5, 2014

Senior Spotlight: Adam Heffelfinger


Adam Heffelfinger




Name/High School/County you show in/How long have you been showing? 
My name is Adam Heffelfinger I graduated from Mapleton high school and I live in Ashland county. I have been showing in the OCLA for about 9 years now.


Tell us a little about yourself and your involvement in OCLA 
I have always been raised around sheep and run around 30 ewes with my sister Heather. I have just started getting more serious in the jackpots within the last couple years and last year I was a junior director for the OCLA.
Tell us about your plans for your future (college, employment, dreams, goals, etc.)   
I'm currently attending Lincoln Land community college in Springfield, Illinois where I am majoring in Ag. Business and competing on the livestock judging team. I am in the transfer program just in case but I haven't decided if I want to move on to a 4 year school or not. When I finish college my plans are too work at the family meat plant and continue to raise sheep.


Who has been your biggest influence in your showing experience?
My biggest influence in my showing experiences have been my friends and family.
What is your best OCLA memory?
It's hard to pick one favorite memory I've had over the years. I've enjoyed just meeting new people at the shows and being able to be a part of the final drive with either my own sheep or when I help other people show.

What advice would you give to younger members just starting their show career?
My advice to kids just starting out is go out and have fun and make friends.


What advice would you give to the youth who are struggling with continuing to be involved in OCLA to the 18-year-old age group?
My advice to kids struggling to continue with OCLA is not to give up. Your only young for so long and you only have the opportunities to be able to show at jackpots for so long.
How has OCLA influenced you and your life?
The OCLA has impacted my life greatly. Over the years I have learned many things that will help me down the road in my life and I have gained friendships that I think will last a lifetime. It's been one heck of a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment